Overdraft Opt-In Information
What You Need to Know about Overdraft Practices and Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
1. We have standard overdraft practices that may come with your account.
2. We also offer overdraft protection such as a link to another checking account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft privileges. To learn more, ask us about your options.
This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that may come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for customers in good standing that do not have excessive account abuse for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
After August 15, 2010, we will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Farmers Citizens Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $35.75 each time we pay an overdraft. (Fee amount is subject to change).
- If your account is overdrawn for 6 or more consecutive business days, we will charge an additional $9.00 per day.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What if I want Farmers Citizens Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions, call us at 419-562-7040 or stop by your nearest branch.
BY PHONE –
Our Service Representatives are standing by if you prefer to Opt In or Revoke earlier request by phone. Please call 419-562-7040 and we will be able to help you with this.
IN PERSON –
Sometimes it's easier to talk about things in person. Please visit any of our locations and ask a personal banker to help you decide which plan is best for you.